Thursday, September 18, 2008

Welcome to respect.help.grow!

Since 3/10/08 I've been sending out a "Happy ----day!" email. It has changed a lot since then. It was originally a quote and "today in history" and birthdays, that sort of thing. Then I started adding more stories to make points and adding my own opinions and ideas. It has become a hybrid newsletter/blog. It is time to split them.

I will simplify the "Happy ----day!" email considerably. It will have joke of the day for a little fun and a quotation on the topic of the week, something positive to start each day. That's it. Keep it simple, Scheharezade.

But, each "Happy ----day!" will begin with the link to my new blog,

respect.help.grow.
Working for Positive Change in Ourselves and Government Bureaucracy.
Working for the Public in the Public Sector.

You may not want to check it out daily, I may not even post daily, but if you do go there, all the posts will be on one page AND you will be able to comment on them. This is what I really want, to get some OPEN discussion of things that need to be addressed when you work for a government agency. We need imput from each other to improve things.

I will also include links to other things online that might be helpful. I would love to have you as a guest blogger if you would like to introduce a new topic to the group. Email it to me and I'll post it with your byline.

From bloggers and responders, all I ask for is common courtesy, common sense and no personal attacks. Other than that, it's up to you.

No comments: